Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

And a star is born…

M. Gautham Machaiah


When I received a friend request on Facebook from Mohan Unlucky, the unusual suffix caught my eye. Why would a young smart lad call himself unlucky, I wondered as I shot off a cryptic message to him.

His response was instant: “I have always been unlucky in life. I lost my father…I could not complete my engineering course…my relationship failed…I have been looking for a job for one year, but have not succeeded.”

An aspiring film director, this small town boy knocked on several doors seeking an opportunity, but all his efforts were met with humiliation and discouragement. This impacted Mohan’s psyche so much that he came to believe that luck would never favour him.

I forwarded a small note on positive thinking and urged him to watch the ‘Secret’ video. Barely a day later, I received another message from him: “The video and your positive words have changed my outlook towards life. I am now rearing to go.”

Mohan wanted to meet me and I called him over for a brief chat. “What do you want to be in life?” I asked and he appeared a bit lost. I then asked him to go back home, make a list of all his aspirations, and finally shortlist two among them.

The very next day Mohan was at my office. “I want to become a film director and a lyricist,” he confidently declared as he handed over a neatly typed copy of his resume. For a moment, I could not believe myself: “Is this the same Mohan who was a virtual wreck just two days ago?”

That is the power of positive thought!

A day later, I received another friend request. This time from Mohan Goldenstar. He was no longer Mohan Unlucky. “I will never harbour negative thoughts again. From the moment I became positive, I have only been receiving good news. I am confident that I will conquer the world,” he messaged.

And I am sure he will, for with the death of negative thoughts a star is born.

3 comments:

suresh chengappa said...

Congratulations GM, for turning around a pessimist into an optimist.
A friend of mine, while in college, told me that when he saw me in NCC Senior Under Officer's uniform, he dreamed of becoming like me (!). Today he is an Officer in the Army and his role model, a petty pen-pusher. :D

vamshi reddy said...

Hi Gautam Good motivation....So what was the secret video about

vamshi reddy said...

Hi Gautam Good motivation......and what was the secret video